Running and Testing OpenDCRE¶
When starting OpenDCRE manually, the following steps may be followed.
- First, OpenDCRE expects a volume to be exposed for logs (
/logsis the location within the container, which should be mapped externally).
- Additionally, OpenDCRE, by default, uses TCP port 5000 to listen for API requests.
- In cases where the OpenDCRE HAT is used with the OpenDCRE container, the
/dev/ttyAMA0serial device is also required.
- In cases where the OpenDCRE HAT is used with the OpenDCRE container,
/dev/memmust also be provided to the container for use by RPI GPIO for modem configuration.
- Finally, in cases where the HAT is used with OpenDCRE, the container must also be set to
--privilegedto allow GPIO access.
To start OpenDCRE with the HAT device attached:
docker run -d -p 5000:5000 -v /var/log/opendcre:/logs --privileged --device /dev/mem:/dev/mem --device /dev/ttyAMA0:/dev/ttyAMA0 opendcre ./start_opendcre.sh
To start OpenDCRE in local emulator mode:
docker run -d -p 5000:5000 -v /var/log/opendcre:/logs opendcre ./start_opendcre_emulator.sh
To run the OpenDCRE test suite (from OpenDCRE root directory):